One of our favourite recipes to include vitamin A and K-rich food is Gorgeous Italian Green Veg Pea Pasta. Cabbage is low in oxalates and full of vitamins A and K to support your eyes, immune system, reproductive system, blood, bones and heart. The recipe is also plentiful in good fats to help your body to absorb the vitamins and help you feel satisfied.
And, naturally gluten-free, the pea pasta is high in protein, more than 20g per 100g and lower in carbs than wheat pasta. The idea though is to have a high proportion of nutritient-rich veg versus pasta.
- Slice lots of low oxalate veg, onions and mushrooms etc
- Chop 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbsps of basil, thyme, oregano to taste
- Heat up 4tbsps of olive oil, ghee or your favourite fat
- In the meantime, prepare your favourite pea or lentil pasta
- Sauté your favourite protein like bacon, chicken etc until browned
- Add the veg, garlic and sauté for 5-10 mins until softened
- Add some of the pasta cooking liquid, cover and simmer for a few minutes
- Add the drained pasta
- Then add the herbs and a few dollops of your favourite cream, yoghurt or coconut milk
- Finish off with grated parmesan or nutritional yeast
Winter comfort food and a great way to get your greens and glorious fat, delicious. In this recipe, I added tuna near the end of cooking time. You can also add other protein which does not need much cooking such as prawns or cooked chicken as per your taste.
Turning your comfort food into a health food😍 What could taste better?