One-stop Brazilian Cheese Bread to increase your resistant starch. Resistant Starch is thought to increase your insulin sensitivity & feed your gut bacteria- helping you to lose weight if necessary but will certainly improve your health with good fats, vitamins and minerals:-) It is also good Soul food- yummeee!
Throw all these ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Makes approx 30.
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup, 80ml, 70g extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup, 160ml, 120g milk- I use coconut
- 1 1/2 cups, 170g Cassava, Manioc flour or Tapioca starch- note Tapioca is more liquid but cooks ok!
- 80-100g strong grated cheese,
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt – or to taste
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda- optional
Put into small muffin tins or silicon moulds. Bake in an oven which has been pre-heated to 160C, gas mark 3, 325F for 15-20mins. Can also use the mixture as pancakes. Note bicarb is optional but it makes the bread less dense.
Enjoy 🙂 BUT – WARNING- seriously addictive!
OH and BTW, if you have too much, put the mixture into moulds and freeze. Can then be cooked from frozen, either in the oven or fry 😉